The Rosemere Cancer Foundation supports world class cancer treatment throughout Lancashire and South Cumbria.
Our aim is to work in partnership with local clinical staff to achieve the best possible care for cancer patients in Lancashire and South Cumbria wherever they are treated. We seek to do this by:
- Funding cutting edge equipment to help clinicians remain at the forefront of the fight against cancer.
- Supporting innovative ways to take the fear out of cancer for patients and their families during their treatment, making it as comfortable and stress free as possible.
- Backing local research projects that help improve our understanding of cancer and how it can be better diagnosed and treated.
- Facilitating top quality training to help clinical staff treating cancer patients be the very best they can be.
Our goals for the next 5 years are:
- To continue to work with clinical colleagues and academics at local universities to support ground breaking research into the diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
- To ensure that all cancer patients in Lancashire and South Cumbria are treated in comfortable and appropriate surroundings and have access to additional facilities which make their treatment journey less stressful.
- To continue to support the provision of cancer services as close to home as possible for patients in Lancashire and South Cumbria.
- To promote local innovation in the treatment of cancer by facilitating the introduction of emerging technology.
- To support the National Cancer Strategy by actively seeking opportunities to promote cancer awareness to the general public.
- To encourage the development of clinical staff by funding regional networking opportunities and allowing access to regional, national and international training events.