- This event has passed.
Walk the Lights 2023
6th October 2023
Our Walk the Lights is back for 2023 – will you join us, to take on Blackpool’s famous illuminations?
** Please note: Online registration for this event has now closed. Entries are available on the night, at a cost of £15. **
It’s an exciting opportunity to join hundreds of other walkers following a five mile route down the iconic lights, from Bispham Tram station to Starr Gate.
You can treat the walk as a fundraising challenge or simply as a social activity to take in the sights, or you can walk in support, in celebration, or in memory of loved ones. It’s completely up to you! All that matters is that you join us and help us raise crucial funds – all money raised will make a huge difference for cancer patients across the region.
We also love to see our walkers lighting up the dark and dressing as brightly as you can, so feel free to take the opportunity to do your best to compete with the illuminations!
The event has a staggered start, with walkers setting off between 6.00 – 7.30pm for both safety and convenience. Entry costs £10.00 per adult, £5 for those aged between 6 and 16, and under fives can come along for free. There are refreshments served at Sharples Hall at the end of the walk, plus a fun fundraising raffle – so do bring a little spare change if you fancy a flutter!
Thank you so much to the lovely team at Barton Grange Garden Centre for supporting our walk this year!
Online entries will close at 11.59pm on Wednesday 4th October.
If you have any queries at all, please email email@example.com, or call the charity office on 01772 522 913 during office hours.
Important Information for Walkers
On the night of the walk, our team will be set up to register all walkers from 6.00pm, until 7.30pm, in a Rosemere gazebo next to Bispham Tram Station. Walkers will set off between 6.00pm and 7.30pm, and the walk will conclude around 10.30pm.
Entries will be available on the night, but at a cost of £15 rather than £10.
- Please ensure you dress appropriately for the weather, with comfortable walking shoes. The route leads down the promenade, which is wide and accessible for buggies or wheelchairs, but it may be busy.
- On completion of the walk, walkers will be treated to biscuits and a brew at Sharples Hall, which is part of Princess Alexandra Home for the Blind in Bosworth Place, only a few minutes from Starr Gate. The postcode is FY4 1SH. To access this, as you pass Starr Gate tram stop, you should cross the road and turn left down Clifton Drive. Take the second right on to Bosworth Place and follow until you reach Sharples Hall. Although there are no specific time restrictions to the walk itself, Rosemere volunteers will only be at Sharples Hall until 10.30pm, so if you would like to take advantage of the snacks, please ensure that you’re there in time.
- There will also be a fun fundraising raffle at the end, so bring a little spare change if you fancy a flutter!
- If you are coming to Blackpool by car, we recommend that you park near to Sharples Hall, where there is some on site and on street parking and then get the tram from Starr Gate (which are every ten minutes) up to Bispham for the start of the walk. This way, you’ll be walking back towards your car. The trams can be very busy, so please give yourself plenty of time to get to the start point.
- The funds raised through this popular event make a huge difference for cancer patients across Lancashire and the South Lakes, and we always appreciate it if our walkers could go the extra mile and use their place in the event to fundraise for us. You can download a sponsor form here. You can also fundraise online using a website such as Just Giving, or even Facebook – or alternatively, you can use our ‘pack your pound’ tubes or loose change boxes, or make use of our football scratch cards. If you would prefer one of these options, please get in touch and we’ll pop the items you need in the post.
- Should there be any changes or important information we need to tell you about the event, we will contact you via email, using the email address you provided when you registered. Please keep an eye on this, including your junk folder, especially during the week before the event – just in case!
Thank you once again for your kind support of Rosemere. We look forward to seeing you and your fellow walkers on Friday 6th October. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the charity office on 01772 522 913.