Our Event Calendar
Sahara Desert Virtual Balloon Race
- Type Sporting events and tournaments
- Start 08 Aug 2020 12:00
- End 14 Aug 2020 12:00
With the current Coronavirus outbreak, we have decided to take some of our fundraising online - and we're delighted to announce that we're taking to the skies with a virtual balloon race!
Will you join us?
For just £3 per balloon, you can sail through the clouds from the comfort of your own home in this virtual race, and help raise funds for life-changing cancer services. From each £3 balloon, Rosemere Cancer Foundation will receive £2.37.
The 7 day race starts on Saturday 8th of August, in the Sahara Desert! Your virtual balloon will race against all the others to see which goes the furthest across the week – and be in with the chance of winning a great prize! (And don't worry - you don't physically have to be IN the Sahara Desert for the start!)
The owners of the top 3 furthest-flying balloons will win:
1st Prize: £500
2nd Prize: Apple iPad
3rd Prize: 10 X lucky winners of a £10 book voucher each
The virtual balloons, once they’re ‘released’, will be affected by the actual weather conditions that occur over the space of the week. You can even follow your balloon’s progress on Google Maps and see how it’s getting on against the elements! It’s a fun, easy, eco-friendly fundraising event, and it’s educational too – it’s an opportunity to study geography, aerodynamics and get your creative side going, as you can design your balloon however you wish!
So how do I take part?
Simply follow these steps:
1) Follow this link, or click the image to the right
2) Click ‘Buy Balloons’
3) Sign in or create an account
4) Pick how many balloons you want to enter – you can buy balloons for other people too.
5) Design your balloon however you like – you pick the colour, pattern, helium level and rubber thickness - make sure you label it too. And then you’re done! You can just sit back and wait til the 8th August, when your balloon will start its race.
Good luck, and THANK YOU!