Our Event Calendar
Walk in the Dark 2021
- Type Key Rosemere Event
- Start 04 Sep 2021 20:00
- End 04 Sep 2021 23:55
Sign up now, for our annual 11 mile night-time charity walk!
We are so excited for the return of our popular Walk in the Dark, following a year of restrictions! Will you join us on September 4th?
We will be following our usual marshalled, sign-posted 11-mile route from Chorley General Hospital to Royal Preston Hospital, setting off at 8pm, and the event is open to all ages and abilities. You can walk in support of loved ones going through cancer treatment, in celebration of them, or in memory of them. You can treat the walk as a fundraising or fitness challenge, or simply as a social activity; it’s completely up to you. What matters is that you join us, and in doing so you’ll be helping make a difference for local cancer patients.
It’s £15 to enter, with children under 12 going free – dogs are welcome too! We also love to see our walkers lighting up the dark and dressing as brightly as you can, so feel free to take the opportunity to don the neon, or crack out the glow sticks. There are refreshments for all walkers on the night, and the funds raised will go to help support life-changing cancer projects throughout Lancashire and South Cumbria.
It makes such a difference when people use their place in the walk to raise extra sponsorship too, to increase the amount raised through the event - if you would like to download a sponsorship form, you can do so here, or you can fundraise online through such as Just Giving, or even Facebook. Alternatively, if you'd like to use a charity football card or 'pack your pounds' tube to help with your fundraising, please get in touch and we can pop something in the post!
We are also hugely thankful to our long term supporters, construction and engineering company Eric Wright Group, who have agreed to sponsor our flagship event for the 6th year running, helping to ensure that as much money as possible raised goes to help support world-class cancer treatment, locally.
Please note - online entries will close on Wednesday 1st September. Entries will be available on the night, priced at £25.
Important information for registered walkers:
- If you intend to leave your car at either Preston or Chorley Hospital on the night of the walk, you must let us know your car registration. This is to prevent you being charged for parking. You have the option to provide your registration when booking, but if you decide after booking, or the details change, you must get in touch with us to update us.
- There will be a free bus leaving the turning circle near St Clare's Church on Sharoe Green Lane (PR2 9HH), opposite Royal Preston Hospital, at 7pm on the night of the walk, to take walkers to the start at Chorley. If you would like to use this, you must book in advance - again, you can select this option when making your booking, or you must get in touch to let us know.
- The walk will set off from Chorley General Hospital at 8pm, and the route to Preston will be signposted and marshalled. Please ensure you wear appropriate clothing for the walk and for the weather - but as always, we love to see you light up the night, so feel free to be as bright as possible!
- Children under the age of 16 will need to be accompanied by an adult, and dogs are welcome to walk too - although please keep them on leads, and make sure you clean up any messes!
- Should there be any changes or important information we need to tell you about the event, we will contact you via email, using the email address you provided when you registered. Please keep an eye on this, including your junk folder, especially during the week before the event - just in case!