Our Walk the Lights is back for 2021 - will you join us, to take on Blackpool's famous illuminations?
It's an exciting opportunity to join hundreds of other walkers following a five mile route down the illuminations, from Bispham Tram station to Sharples Hall. In previous years, our Walk the Lights has raised nearly £15,000 - and this year, following the cancellations and changes to fundraising events last year, we want to smash that target!
You can walk in support, in celebration, or in memory of loved ones, you can treat the walk as a fundraising or fitness challenge, or simply as a social activity, to take in the iconic illuminations - it’s completely up to you. All that matters is that you join us, and help us make a difference - all funds raised will go to help support life-changing cancer projects throughout Lancashire and South Cumbria. We also love to see our walkers lighting up the dark and dressing as brightly as you can, so feel free to take the opportunity to do your best to compete with the illuminations!
The event has a staggered start, with walkers setting off between 6.00 - 7.30pm for both safety and convenience. Entry costs £10.00 per person, under fives can come along for free, and there are refreshments for all walkers at the end of the walk at Sharples Hall.
To book online, just CLICK HERE!
Online entries will close at 11.59pm on Wednesday 20th October. We will have entries available on the night, but these will be priced at £15.00.
If you have any queries at all, please email email@example.com, or call the charity office on 01772 522 913 during office hours.
Important information for walkers
On the night of the walk, our team will be set up to register all walkers from 6.00pm, until 7.30pm, in a Rosemere gazebo next to Bispham Tram Station. We'll give you your official walker numbers then too.
Entries will be available on the night, but at a cost of £15 rather than £10.
- Please ensure you dress appropriately for the weather, with comfortable walking shoes. The route leads down the promenade, which is wide and accessible for buggies or wheelchairs, but it may be busy. Please ensure you adhere to any social distancing or covid regulations that may be applicable at the time of the event.
- On completion of the walk, walkers will be treated to biscuits and a brew at Sharples Hall, which is part of Princess Alexandra Home for the Blind in Bosworth Place, only a few minutes from Starr Gate. The postcode is FY4 1SH. To access this, as you pass Starr Gate tram stop, you should cross the road and turn left down Clifton Drive. Take the second right on to Bosworth Place and follow until you reach Sharples Hall. Although there are no specific time restrictions to the walk itself, Rosemere volunteers will only be at Sharples Hall until 10.30pm, so if you would like to take advantage of the snacks, please ensure that you’re there in time.
- If you are coming to Blackpool by car, we recommend that you park near to Sharples Hall, where there is some on site and on street parking and then get the tram (which are every ten minutes) up to Bispham for the start of the walk. This way, you’ll be walking back towards your car. The trams can be very busy, so please give yourself plenty of time to get to the start point.
- The funds raised through this popular event make a huge difference for cancer patients across Lancashire and the South Lakes, and we always appreciate it if our walkers could go the extra mile and use their place in the event to fundraise for us. To download a sponsorship form, please click here. You can also fundraise online using a website such as Just Giving, or even Facebook - or alternatively, you can use our 'pack your pound' tubes or loose change boxes, or make use of our football scratch cards. If you would prefer one of these options, please get in touch and we'll pop the items you need in the post.
- Should there be any changes or important information we need to tell you about the event, we will contact you via email, using the email address you provided when you registered. Please keep an eye on this, including your junk folder, especially during the week before the event - just in case!
Online entries will close at midnight on Wednesday 20th October.
Thank you once again for your kind support of Rosemere. We look forward to seeing you and your fellow walkers on Friday 22nd October. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the charity office on 01772 522 913.