Will you saddle up and join us in our very first Round the World Ride?
Throughout September, we want cyclists – all of you, from regular club riders to those who enjoy a leisurely afternoon pootle with the family – to help us reach the collective distance of 25,000 miles, the circumference of the planet Earth.
How does it work?
Organised by Rosemere Cancer Foundation and the Ribble Valley Ride, our month-long event is open to all ages and abilities. You just sign up, raise sponsorship if you can, and submit the mileage you’ve cycled throughout the month. Then, we add up the distances of all participants. There’ll be prizes for the team and the individual that rode the furthest (for teams, we'll base this on the highest average mileage), and for the team and individual that raise the most in sponsorship.
Registration costs £10, under 12's can join in for free (although we would love it if they could get involved with the fundraising) and all riders that want one can receive a personalised certificate when the event's over.
We'd also love to see and share your photos of the challenge - please feel free to send us any snaps over, if you're happy for us to share them. You can also share them with us on social media, by tagging us in.
To help us keep track of our challenge target, and help you to keep track of your progress, we've teamed up with Love to Ride Lancashire!
You don't have to get involved in this way - you are more than welcome to just take part by yourself, and let us know your distance - but if you do decide to join Love to Ride, you'll be able to easily record your mileage, manually or via a cycling app like Strava, set goals for how much riding you want to do and have the chance to win additional prizes as part of a global initiative called Cycle September.
Here's what you need to know to take part with Love to Ride:
- Register at lovetoride.net/lancashire
- Join the Rosemere Round the World club to help us keep track of our 25,000 mile target! You'll be able to interact with other riders taking part in the group, compete on club leaderboards and share your riding photos.
- Join your fundraising team. Once you're registered with the Rosemere Round the World club, you can also set up your own group for tracking your miles as part of your registered fundraising team.
- Every time you ride in September, log your miles on your Love to Ride profile to keep track of your riding and help us reach our goal.
The benefits of joining Love to Ride Lancashire:
- Receive tips, advice and support
- Take part in Cycle September - a fun, free competition with workplaces competing locally, nationally and globally to earn the most points by riding and encouraging other people to ride. The miles you record as part of Rosemere's Round the World challenge will earn you points for Cycle September and put you in the draw for amazing prizes including brand new bikes, vouchers, gear and more!
- Register before 1 September for your chance to win a £3,400 Cannondale bike!
So will you go the mile (or more!) for us and help us reach around the world – and in doing so, help change the world for our patients? Click here to register now.
How should I fundraise?
Events like this raise crucial funds for local cancer projects, and we'd love you to create an online fundraising page. If you use Just Giving, please join our event on there - when you set up your page, just search for Rosemere's Round the World Ride! Or you can find it right here - you'll just need to log in.
Alternatively, if you want to fundraise using a paper sponsor form, you can download one here - (Sponsorship Form 2020.pdf).
If you have any questions at all, please get in touch via email, or you can call 01772 522 913 during office hours.
This event is in partnership with the Ribble Valley Ride